The Diamond Valley Community Garden is run by local volunteers and is a sub-committee of the Town of Black Diamond Parks & Recreation Board. Gardeners come together each year to learn more about healthy gardening and to share their insight with others.
Registration Forms for the 2015 season can be downloaded here, and your fees can be paid at the Town Office by cash, cheque or debit. There is a drop-slot by the door on the upper level to allow payments to be made by cheque after office hours. Please do not leave cash in the payment slot.
The Diamond Valley Community Garden committee has set some Guidelines (see below) to help promote the most enjoyable use of the space by everyone.
If you have questions about the Diamond Valley Community Garden, please email them directly: [email protected]
Only $40.00/plot. Our raised beds are 16 x 4 feet and the rental fee includes soil/amendment top-ups, water and use of tools.
Many thanks and much appreciation for your attention to our guidelines:
1. We promote organic gardening. Please no chemical fertilizers, insecticides, or pesticides. Organic ones only;
2. Any gardens not planted by July 5 will be turned back over to the Community Garden;
3. Although we are not on water restrictions this year, we are continuing to promote water conservation:
a. Mulching and water conservation mandatory;
b. No flagging system this year, please talk to your fellow gardeners about taking care of your bed if you are on holidays;
4. Clean tools before putting away;
5. Do not pick, prune or pluck other garden plots without permission;
6. Weed in and around your garden bed and place weeds in the inside compost bins;
7. Extra weeding of gravel and berms is appreciated;
8. Lock-up when you leave;
9. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times;
10. No pets allowed beyond the garden gate;
11. Please be safe. Stay hydrated on hot days, wears proper shoes within the garden enclosure and when using garden forks and shovels, and wear gloves when using tools.
Most of all enjoy your gardening experience!
April and May is a good time to get a handle on the weeds. Please show your support for the garden by pitching in when and where you can. We appreciate all the work everyone does. We will be in touch with the dates for Tuesday evening BBQ potlucks. We will also be in touch with Garden Gatherings. This is when we can help each other with garden tasks, get to know our fellow gardeners, and come up with ideas for our Community Garden.
Spolumbo’s Sausage Fundraiser
Plant Sale – date to be announced (June 13 probably)
Meaghan Porter (403) 807-7383
Watch for upcoming fundraisers, tips and events on the Facebook page.