The Board of Trustees, FSD, Foothills ATA and CUPE Local 5040 hosted the division’s annual Employee Recognition Evening at Lynnwood Ranch on Friday, June 10. The event celebrates those retiring from the division and marks employee years of service. A total of 168 employees received service recognition pins (in five year increments ranging from 5 to 35 years) while 18 retiring / retired teaching and support staff were thanked for their dedication to student learning during their years with FSD. These include:
- Lorrie Adams, Educational Assistant, École Percy Pegler School
- Beth Amundsen, Teacher, Dr. Morris Gibson School
- Jayni Caldwell, Teacher, ÉSFCHS/AHSFA
- Kathy Dymond, Regular Driver, Transportation Services
- Murray Elliott, Regular Driver, Transportation Services
- Herb Froese, Teacher, École Senator Riley Middle School
- Helena Grant, Teacher, Heritage Heights School
- Janet Kercher, System Support Analyst, Learning Technologies-Division Office
- Carole Maurice, Regular Driver, Transportation Services
- Virginia McLeod, Director, Transportation Services
- Lorrie Morales, Teacher, École Senator Riley Middle School
- Myrna Pauls, Teacher, Big Rock School
- Anita Pohl-Dagge, Teacher, Dr. Morris Gibson School
- Janet Ramsum, Regular Driver, Transportation Services
- Greg Sterenberg, Teacher, Big Rock School
- Colleen Tucker, Accounts Payable Technician, Division Office
- Liz Westman, Junior Kindergarten Learning Coach, Division Office
- Bill Young, Teacher, École Secondaire Highwood High School
Four employees were recognized with solid gold FSD pins for achieving provincial recognition in 2015-16:
- Chet Musgrove, Principal Longview School – Distinguished Leadership Award presented by the ATA’s Council for School Leadership
- Darren Olson, Teacher and Coach, ÉSFCHS/AHSFA – Laurie Robertson Memorial Tier II High School Football Coach of the Year presented by Football Alberta
- Lisa Willis, Regular Driver, Transportation Services – Bus Driver of the Year Award presented by the Student Transportation Association of Alberta
- Bill Young, Teacher and Coach, Highwood High School – Inductee into the Alberta Schools’ Athletic Association Hall of Fame.
FSD also recognized two local organizations that stand for partnership, collaboration and community through their support for the division and our schools and students: M.D. of Foothills; and Western Financial Group and Western Communities Foundation.
Former Red Deer Lake teacher Elizabeth Critchley did a stellar job as Master of Ceremonies. More than 330 staff members attended the evening of celebration.
Assistant Superintendent of Employee Services Al Davidson acknowledged the hard work of the organizing committee in executing a smooth and enjoyable event: Trustee Laurie Copland; Christa Finch, Social Committee Chair, Foothills ATA (and teacher at Highwood High School), Jody Scott, President (and Educational Assistant, Dr. Morris Gibson School) and Lori Richardson, Vice President (and Technology Facilitator, Learning Technologies), CUPE Local 5040; and Deborah Spence, Communications & Events Manager.